Winter pest services can be the most valuable for the following reasons:
- Pests are most motivated to get into your home when the weather gets cold. Bugs and wildlife, like disease-harboring skunks, raccoons, and bats, take shelter inside warm buildings, and often end up in attics or basements.
- Food sources are harder to find in the winter, so most pests go into a stage of low energy. But heat or the smell of food may lure them out into living or working spaces, often catching residents by surprise.
- Piles of leaves on your properties are warm, moist harborages for a slew of pests, including bed bugs, making it more likely that you will experience an infestation problem. Bed bugs feast on the blood of resting people, and can find their way into your property through clothing, and luggage. They are tiny, and difficult to spot, but cause a lot of damage.
- Rodents, like rats, mice, and tree squirrels, do not hibernate in winter. When they get cold and hungry, suddenly your property may look very appealing to them. They can cause damage to structures, carry disease pathogens, and can even chew through equipment and electrical wiring.
- Other pests like termites and pharaoh ants are equally active through winters, gnawing their way through structures, surprising unsuspecting residents with serious damage once the warm weather hits.
No property manager wants to deal with any of these nightmare scenarios. When product and service procurement specialists at HPN Select were looking for ways to help their property management members fight of pests no matter the season, they chose the experts at Rentokil. Working with procurement specialists like Select will not only save you money, but also the hassle of finding efficient, customized, and certified pest control services. Contact Laura Wheeler for more information.